The Delights and Parks Route
THE ROAD IS UNfolded before YOUR EYES
You enjoy taking the time to savor local products and meet local
producers? You like nature-related leisure activities like hiking, cycling
or canoeing? You love to discover peaceful places that are not trivial?
This route, which will please the whole family, is a praise to nature and all the gourmet treasures it can create!
A ROUTE WITH A THOUSAND FACETS
Hilly forests as far as the eye can see, hundreds of typical farms, charming villages ... No doubt, we are in the Chaudière-Appalaches region. We arrive in the evening in Sainte-Lucie-de-Beauregard, a small village near the Park of the Appalaches. At the end of a stone road, far from the houses, we meet a coyote crossing the field. We stop a little to enjoy this moment of poetry.
Start your journey in St-Henri on La Route des vins de Bellechasse. Take the opportunity to tour the following vineyards: the Cidrerie Le Somnambule , the Vignoble Domaine Bel-Chas and Le Ricaneux . Take your time, enjoy and appreciate the beauty of the landscapes and the places.
Then, go stretch your legs at the Parc des Chutes d'Armagh and enjoy the view of the falls as well of the trails. You can also picnic or eat at the restaurant!
Are you a biker? Leave your car at the park and venture on the superb Cycloroute de Bellechasse . Discover 74 km of remarkable panoramas. Land as far as the eye can see, rich pastures, steeples of imposing churches and welcoming villages.
Enjoy your stroll to stop to taste goat cheeses at the Fromagerie fermière Cassis et Mélisse .
Then, when you return from the bike path, why not book it for the night in an intimate suite that can accommodate up to 6 people.
Go to Buckland for dinner at Pub de la contrée et Microbrasserie de Bellechasse and enter the world of Gabriel who will make you discover beers inspired by the villages of Bellechasse. All accompanied by the treats of Vickie Langlois (J'aime Bellechasse) for an authentic dinner based on local products with a local flavor.
Fill up with energy with a gourmet breakfast based on farm products at Cassis and Melisse. Before leaving, make a free or guided visit of the farm or have fun with the kids with the treasure hunt (photo rally). Take the opportunity to fill your picnic basket in anticipation of your day in nature.
Head to the parc régional du Massif du Sud to hike in the mountains and for your overnight stay in a lodge of your choice, whether in a yurt, a tepee refuge or tent. Several hiking trails are possible but while there, go to the Mont Chocolat and enjoy the superb view at the top for your picnic.
Come back to your lodge for the evening and enjoy the nature to relax and prepare a beautiful summer evening around a beautiful campfire. A summer classic.
Take Route 216 and enjoy the views of the Appalachian Mountains along the way. Go fill your picnic basket at Domaine la Charmante with local products or treat yourself with an handmade soap.
Enjoy the majestic scenery of the Appalachian mountain range by going to Parc des Appalaches for a canoe trip or a little further down the road to Chalets et Villégiature Daaquam to go horseriding or for a quad outing.
Head to Lac-Etchemin at the end of the day. The restaurant Côté Lac au Manoir Lac-Etchemin is the place to try a generous table d'hôte with products from here. Treat yourself to a comfortable night at Manoir Lac-Etchemin .
Start your day by soaking in the beautiful Etchemins sector. Make some stops-discoveries at site historique des Pères trappistes in Sainte-Justine, the moulin La Lorraine , an art center presenting works by artists from the region or at the Sanctuaire Notre-Dame d'Etchemin dedicated to the Virgin Mary on the edge of Lake Etchemin.
It is a sunny day ? The Éco-parc des Etchemins is a must during the summer to cool off since it is one of the most beautiful beach in the region with the added bonus of water slides.
Do you love animals? Going back to Quebec, you have to stop at Miller Zoo in Frampton. You will surely feel Like a child again ! Finish your day at the Frampton Brasse , a microbrewery on the countryside with a superb view for miles around. Parents will appreciate.
WE ALSO SUGGEST YOU
- Discover sugar shacks on the road :
- Go play golf:
- Club de Golf de St-Pamphile , 18 holes designed by the architect Marcel Notz is characterized by the particular harmony of its well-separated paths in a panoramic site of great beauty.
- Le Club de Golf Coopératif de Lac-Etchemin , 18 holes in an exceptional and diversified scenery, dotted with 13 ornamental lakes
- Le Club de Golf Dorchester , 18 holes whose warm atmosphere typically beauceronne will charm you!
- Comeback for winter skiing:
- Station Touristique Massif du Sud , quality ski and a quantity of snow unequaled in Quebec, 600 cm of snow on average. 33 trails and undergrowth of unique configuration and 23 km of snowshoe trails.
- Station de Ski Mont Orignal , in addition to providing downhill skiing for the whole family, you will find 42 km of snowshoe trails, 15 km of cross-country ski trails and three tube slides with lift.
- Go to Sentiers Pédestres de Saint-Marcel , this new network of hiking trails, located in the Apic and Fontaine-Claire lakes sector, includes two (2) trails totaling about 5 km.
- Visit the Maisons de Dr J.A.N. Chabot et Eugène Prévost , lthe visit of this opulent house, presents an interior where everything has been carefully preserved, both in the doctor's office and in the many other rooms of the house.