uniques tourist experiences to do
We suggest you go and meet our artisans to live unique experiences in their companies and others to think about yourself.
Stéphane Bourque• April 13, 2022
The tourist office is a good start for your walk!
A few times a year, we organize groups.
The Chemin de Saint-Jacques-Appalaches is a marked route totaling more than 250 km in the Thetford region. As the circuit takes place mostly on peaceful, unpaved rural roads, it is aimed at both long-term walkers and "bikepackers"!
Whether you are cycling or walking, the way the circuit works is simple: you are autonomous! You cover the sections that suit you; you take the time you need!
Here are some tips to make the most of your stay:
1. Evaluate your level of physical condition before starting the Chemin de Saint-Jacques-Appalaches. You must be able to carry your equipment, including sufficient supplies and beverages to complete your daily commute.
2. The course is mainly on peaceful rural roads. However, some parts of the route are on more busy roads, including Route 112 and Route 271. Favor the shoulder for safety and make sure you are visible. The route also consists of optional hiking trails, an urban cycle path and a crossing under a high-voltage line.
3. Cellular service coverage may be weak or unstable in places.
4. It is possible to find parking, accommodation and supplies at various places on the course. Below is an up-to-date list of these services.
5. You must make your own reservations and provide transportation if necessary.
6. Do not hesitate to contact Tourisme Région de Thetford for more information or for advice on organizing your tour: 418 423-3333 or 1 877 335-7141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Along the way...
The Chemin de Saint-Jacques-Appalaches crosses the Thetford region where hills, lakes, rivers, forests and mining landscapes are frequent. Natural, heritage and tourist attractions punctuate the circuit.
Follow the beacon and venture beyond where traditional circuits lead!
Every year we organize a group walk between two villages on the St-Jacques circuit. A meal is served on arrival and a bus brings the walkers back. Join us for the next edition!
The Chemin de Saint-Jacques-Appalaches pedestrian route is accessible as long as there is no snow, with the exception of hunting periods. If you would like advice on organizing your stay, contact the Thetford Region Tourism team during the week between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.